Saturday, January 22, 2011

Valentine's Day Mantel Fun

Okay, I know I said that I don't really decorate for Valentine's Day, and I usually don't.  BUT...Beth from The Stories of A-Z is having a Valentine Mantel party on Monday.  I'm a sucker for any excuse to decorate a  mantel so I couldn't resist.  I really just added a couple of things to what was already on my mantel.  I'm still not completly satisfied...it just doesn't seem right yet, but I gave up. So here it is, my mercury glass Valentine mantel:






"Love Notes" banner made from old sheet music.
 


LOVE  old stamping blocks
 


faux vintage bottles filled with pom-pom flowers
    

My branch tree over on my ugly buffet has been empty since I took all the Christmas ornaments down so I added in some coffee stained tags embellished with romantic touches.



I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day!

9 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the love note banner. That's awesome!! It all looks so pretty!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The love notes banner on the sheet music, mercury glass, and the pompom flowers are so pretty. It looks very romantic without being too pink and red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is nice. Gentle on the eyes. Not overwhelming. A beautiful delivery of the season with style and class. I really, sincerly enjoy this and plan to use your love notes banner for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the wreath! It looks like you might be concealing a picture under there?? If so, I am going to use that idea for inspiration to help me to change up my mantel more - covering the pic that is up there once in a while. Thanks for the ideas!!
    Sue from creativetryals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the banner! So pretty. I really love the heart wreaths you make too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mantle looks so pretty and that banner is adorable! Thanks for the inspiration...I better get busy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mantle looks great and I love mercury glass, cute banner! Hugs and Blessings Marilou

    ReplyDelete