Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What I've been doing this week...

Some of you may know that my father is an amazing artist...his medium is wood.  He make the most beautiful decorative birdhouses.  Several of them grace my home.  Way back when, he used to do craft fairs and sell his wares but he was making so many birdhouses and so many craft fairs that he burnt himself out.  Well, recently he started making them again and has quite the little stockpile so he is going to do his first craft show is years here where we live (Eureka, Missouri) this Saturday.  I hope it goes well!

Here are just two (of the ten of so) of his birdhouses that reside at my house.




You know, I've come to realize that I have a bit of a compulsive personality.  I start something and I can't stop.  Late last week my newest obsession began...vintage inspired gift tags.  I initially just wanted some to place on Christmas gifts this year, but I couldn't stop.  REALLY.  I COULDN'T stop.  They were so much fun to make, and so easy that I just kept on making them and this is what happened.



 I turned around and thought...CRAP, what am I going to do with all of these.  I have enough here for every Christmas for the rest of my life.  But then I remembered that my dad is doing a craft show this weekend right here in town, so...



Anybody want a gift tag?  aka...help, I'm drowning here!

2 comments:

  1. Once again, I love it all! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron, love the tags! You are so talented! I think somehow all of this craftiness sure does run in the family?! Wish I were done with my projects I would love to come down to the craft fair!!! I have my share of items he has made that have always graced my home, I think he is usually amazed that I still have them out... aka the uncle sam, and all of my patriotic wares he gave me! Have fun and enjoy your day with dear old Dad!!! love ya!

    ReplyDelete